Work I do with private clients: mentoring, guidance & support
I work with individuals, couples and family's/Whānau and draw on different therapies to inform my practice. Providing support and mentoring for many reasons including, separation & divorce/relationships/addiction/anxiety & depression.
I am an experienced social work practitioner and a registered member of the Aotearoa New Zealand Association of Social Workers (ANZASW). I provide face-to-face and online consultations.
I use an integrative approach. This means I have lots of different resources that I can draw on to help you. Including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Empowerment Theory, and Person-Centred Approach.
I can explain more about what each of these terms means for you when we have our initial consultation and decide whether we can work together.
Helping to navigate the family court
One of my areas of specialty is the family court.
If you are in a difficult place with the family court I can help you deal with the nitty gritty and help you get to the other side intact.
Are you feeling lost and unheard in the systems and processes? I can help explain the process. I can help you understand what you should be attending to and what you can avoid so that you don’t have to find yourself in court.
Navigating separation and divorce
When the relationship has broken down to the point you are placed in the stressful situation of going through a divorce or separation Valmai can help navigate you through the process, providing caring, confidential support to look
after yourself and your family’s/ whānau emotional wellbeing.
She has the skills to support partners in mediation for working out agreements to help people make informed, rational decisions for better outcomes for your family/whānau.
“Having Val support me through the Family Court process helped immensely.”
Work I do in the public sector
I am available for public sector contracts and can provide cover for staff on leave for public sector social workers.
I can also work with employers and provide well being seminars for employees in social service.
- Experienced Social Work practitioner
- Registered member of the Aotearoa New Zealand Association of Social Workers (ANZASW)
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Certificate in Counselling
- Certified Professional Coach
The process for private client work
- Initial conversation. Up to 15 minutes free of charge in person or via Zoom. We discuss your needs and objectives and decide whether we will work together.
- Paid consultation(s) are booked. Consultations are for 30 minutes or an hour. Payment of the fee per consultation is due on or before the day of the consultation. Consultations canceled with less than 24 hours' notice are payable in full.